Wednesday 11 December 2013

St.Mary's Catholic Primary School Erskineville Graduation

Tiger Mathieson with Ron Hoenig MP
The St. Mary's Parish Church was filled with teachers, students and their parents from St. Mary's Catholic Primary School today as the school celebrated their Annual Presentation Day.

It was wonderful to listen to the words of Father Barry of the Parish, Acting School Principal Dermott O’Neil and teachers as they congratulated the graduating 2013 Year 6 students. Graduating from primary school is a big deal as the students go onto to engage in a new life with new responsibility and new challenges. I told the students about my dreams in primary school and how they have come true as I strived to achieve my goals. I went on to tell them that nothing is beyond them, as long as they always try their best.

It was delightful to see the church light up as the students sung hymns and songs in this historic church located in such a historic part of Sydney. Parents and teachers were so proud of the graduates and I must say I was also.

I would like to congratulate the Year 6 students on their achievements and I also would like to recognise Tiger Mathieson on receiving the Ron Hoenig Outstanding Leadership Award. Tiger served in the role as School Captain in 2013 & has been an active leader in the schools Minnie Vinnies program; he has also taken part in many outreach programs and has shown great initiative in fundraising events.

I would like to wish Acting Principal Dermott O’Neil well and all the best for his future endeavours as he steps into a new role next year.
Ron Hoenig MP addressing the students of St Mary's School

No comments:

Post a Comment