Friday 28 June 2013

Redfern Public Housing Forum

Thank you to those many Redfern public housing residents that attended my Public Housing Forum at ‘Our Place’ Community Room Poets Corner, in Redfern this week.

The forum was held to give public housing tenants an opportunity to meet and speak with me, Housing NSW staff and Police about Housing NSW issues and initiatives along with Policing and Crime Prevention. 

I was delighted to see that so many residents attended and that each of them had the chance to speak and ask questions of which included the following topics; anti- social behaviour, building security, the implementation of new alcohol free zones, maintenance and the effects of the clean energy supplement gouge and the new bedroom tax for under occupancy. 

I would like to thank Constable Maria Flood from Redfern Police and Michael Modder & Cheyne Hart from Housing NSW for coming along and being of great assistance to me.

I also wish to thank the radio media for covering the plight of public housing tenants and their real concern about the government's gouging of the clean energy supplement.

What I like most about meeting people face to face, is that I know people are getting the chance to have their say and have their questions or concerns answered. I want the community to know that I am here to listen and enjoy speaking with you all; for I think it’s the best part about my job.

1 comment:

  1. Love your work! In regards to the Ports sale oops 99 yr lease- Wollongong Residents Feel totally cheated by the mere $100 million we will receive that is going to be spread out across 5 LGAs. Newcastle received more than three times that amount and entire allocation for that LGA. So unfair! As Shadow Minister of Ports I Would love you to be involved with talks planned with Treasury that was resolved at our last Council meeting and also a meeting organized by Our local member Noreen Hay MP Following unanimous resolution by attendees of a public meeting held last Thursday.

    ReplyDelete