Sunday 29 September 2013

St Peters Public School visit

Ron Hoenig MP & Jeff Lie (Principal)
I have been out & about visiting schools hearing about upcoming events, student and staff achievements and general school business. I really enjoy getting out to schools, meeting the teachers and saying hi to the children. It is amazing to see how things have changed since I was at school, especially with all the technological advances such as laptops and IPads in classrooms.

One of the schools I visited was St Peters Public School, a small school consisting of only 44 families. Principal Jeff Lie described St Peters is an inner city school with lots of promise with a real community feel, I couldn’t agree more. I had the opportunity to walk around and visit the children in their class rooms and was pleasantly surprised that one class knew exactly who I was as they are learning about Government and law and had a recent visit to NSW Parliament House. 

I also popped in to see the younger students in kindergarten and noticed how personalised, caring and supportive the teachers were in ensuring they provided only the best learning environment.

I was very happy to have the opportunity to speak with Principal Jeff Lie; Principal Lie is filled with enthusiasm, pride and dedication to the students and the progress of St Peters Public School.

As a teaching Principal, Principal Lie is very busy and I would like to sincerely thank him for his time and efforts in education, the school and the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment