Saturday 22 December 2012

Gardeners Road School

Principal Kim Sheen her staff, students and the broader school community came together last week to cap off another year of excellence. The Annual Prize Giving was an opportunity to reward brilliance inside and outside of the classroom and giving particular recognition the incoming and outgoing Student Leaders. I would like to congratulate the 2012 Captains Lara and Elijah and the 2012 Vice Captains Yovana and Robin on representing their school values with distinction throughout the year and I wish each of them and their classmates well as they move into High School. Also, I would like to acknowledge the incoming student leadership team comprised of Captains Sienna and Elijah with Vice Captains Isabel and Liam and wish them all the best for the year ahead. 

Finally, I would like to give particular recognition to Paige Schellhorn. At the Prize giving I was pleased to present Paige with my Outstanding Leadership Award for 2012. In nominating her, her teachers remarked that "Paige has always stood out from her peers by showing initiative, being responsible and respectful and always taking the time to help other students". Paige is a fitting recipient with a great deal of potential. I congratulate her and wish her the best of luck with her future studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment