Wednesday 2 September 2015

Alexandria Park Community School - children in danger from dangerous drivers

I met today with Principal Diane Fetherston, Junior School Deputy Principal Lucy Smith and Senior School Deputy Principal Glen Kingsley fromAlexandria Park Community School to discuss the danger posed to students by reckless drivers on Mitchell Road and Buckland Street.

I am astounded that in less than fifteen minutes I witnessed no fewer than five cars running red lights at this intersection and a number or illegal turns. I have written urgently to the Minister for Roads seeking intervention and asked Redfern Police to increase patrols at this dangerous intersection.

I urge all community members to take the time to discuss road safety with their children, and to be careful when using the road, especially around our schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment