Monday 18 August 2014

Rest in peace Manny (Emanuel) Tsardoulias

Saturday the Marrickville Community lost its champion, the Labor Party lost one of its local heroes, and I lost a loyal friend.

Cr Emanuel Tsardoulias or Manny as he was known to many of us has been seriously ill in recent times. He has served the Marrickville community with distinction as a councillor and Deputy Mayor. I knew him well from my local government days and served with him at the Southern Sydney Regional Organisation of Councils and the Local Government Association.

Manny was a warm, generous, loyal and dedicated human being. I will miss him. The Labor Party will miss him and his community will miss him. I extend to Manny's family, his wife and two children my deepest sympathy. Vale Cr Emanuel Tsardoulias.

No comments:

Post a Comment