Monday 2 September 2013

Eastlakes Shopping Centre Visit with Matt Thistlethwaite

Ron Hoenig MP and Matt Thistlethwaite meeting Eastlakes residents
Yesterday I visited Eastlakes Shopping Centre with Matt Thistlethwaite to say hello local residents about their concerns.

So many of our residents spoke to Matt and I about their fear of the proposal to build more high rise flats in the Eastlakes area. The already overcrowed area and gridlock in the streets has the local residents very worried about the pending development application before the State's Planning and Assessment Commission.

All of us would like to see the shopping centre redeveloped. It is the high rise flats that we are concerned about.

Two weeks ago I met with the Planning and Assessment Commission and voiced my fierce opposition to the proposal.  I was please that Labor's Matt Thisthlethwaite, the candidate for Kingsford Smith at Saturdays Federal Election was with me to hear the residents views first hand.

After all Matt is a local and understands. He is one of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment