Tuesday 2 October 2012

Port Botany responses rolling in

There has been a very positive response to the letter I circulated last month raising our community’s fears on Port Botany expansion and the moves by the State Government to remove the existing (and mandated by law) cap on the number of containers that can be handled by Port Botany.

I wanted the community to get behind my total opposition to this disastrous move by writing to the NSW Treasurer, Mike Baird, and the Department of Planning and Infrastructure. Quite a number of letters and emails have already gone in to the State Government and the more we get the more pressure we put on those who will have to consider this misguided proposal. If you need any more details (or another copy of my letter) then contact my office at Shop 117, 747 Botany Road, Rosebery, or by calling 9699 8166 or email heffron@parliament.nsw.gov.au.

No comments:

Post a Comment